In 2004, I was elected to serve Athens as a superdistrict Commissioner. My district covers half of the county and is made up of regular Districts 5, 6, 7, and 8. I ran on a campaign of open and inclusionary government, grassroots empowerment, intelligent growth, and environmental stewardship.

When I sought this position I promised myself I would serve with frankness and honesty or not at all. As a result, you always know where I stand, and, with the help of this blog, why. I love my community and am proud to serve it. You will find no finer community or people anywhere in the country.

Now, in 2008, I seek to continue to serve and look forward to an invigorating reelection campaign. I believe now, more than ever, that we must strive for openness and unity to ensure our bright future.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Calendar

Legislative Review Committee & Government Operations Committee
(The Commission has two standing committees.  One is the Legislative Review Committee and the other is the Government Operations Committee.  I chair LRC and Commissioner Girtz chairs GOC.  Each committee is comprised of half of the Commission.  My committee tackles issues relating to proposed legislation while GOC address internal government matters. We are a recommending body only - the full M&C must make the final call.)

Legislative Review Committee
Tuesday, April 15 at 6:30pm
City Hall Room 103 (in the basement)

Government Operations Committee
Tuesday, April 15 at 5:30pm
City Hall Room 103

Agenda for the LRC Meeting:
1) We will discuss a proposed text amendment to our mass grading ordinance. 
2) We will discuss ways to incorporate elements of the Growing Sustainably report presented to us by Athens Grow Green

No comments: